As part of the Victorian Government initiative to make health referrals more efficient, safer and reliable, Plenty Valley Community Health (PVCH) and Northern Health are implementing eReferrals using Precedence Health Care’s Referral Tracker with support from the North Western Melbourne, Eastern Melbourne Primary Health Care Networks and the Hume Whittlesea Primary Care Partnership.
Referral Tracker connects seamlessly with GP clinical systems and auto populates the smart referral form with history, current medications and recent test results. PVCH are the first to trial Referral Tracker; we hope to roll out this functionality to all cdmNet users in the near future.
There are many benefits of using Referral Tracker including:
- efficient referral creation that are accurate and timely using smart forms
- providers have access to full patient information
- speedy and secure communication with no transmission costs
- the patient’s referrals are tracked and appointments can be followed up
- referral status is communicated and monitored
Referral Tracker will facilitate the sharing of appropriate information which is widely recognised as a key enabler for improving management and coordination of services.
PVCH are seeking the involvement of General Practitioners, Practice Managers, primary and acute care healthcare providers. Please email Heather Lorney firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to learn more about Referral Tracker.