Setting up cdmNet
Congratulations! You have installed cdmNet on your desktop. You now have simply to set up your username and password to activate cdmNet and start managing your chronically ill patients online.
Set up your username and password on your desktop
- Click the cdmNet icon ( ) in the Windows notification area1.
- Go to ‘Settings’.
- Select your name under the cdmNet tab and click ‘Edit’.
- Enter your registered cdmNet username and password into the slots provided2.
That is all there is to it. You are now ready to start using cdmNet.
To contact Precedence Support, please use one of the following options:
- Email: Use our web form to send us an email request.
- Phone: 1300 CDMNET (1300 236 638)
from Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 8:00 pm AEDT
- Fax: (03) 9614 2650
Should Precedence Support need to access your machine remotely, you may be asked to download our secure remote support software. When instructed, you can download either:
Precedence Support will talk you through using this software when required.
cdmNet is an online service that simplifies the management of chronic disease and enables you to spend more time focused on your patients’ needs.
cdmNet provides the following benefits:
- Saves time: more than halves the amount of time GPs and practice nurses spend on care management
- Eliminates paperwork and bureaucracy: automates the complex administrative and collaborative tasks involved in chronic disease management
- Improves quality of care: ensures better adherence to best practice guidelines, improved collaboration, and consistent review and follow up
- Increases practice revenues: regular users of cdmNet increase their annual revenues from CDM MBS Items by over $35,000 per GP
- Removes the Medicare burden: ensures compliance with Medicare requirements and a safe Medicare audit
Find out more about how cdmNet can assist you and your practice at cdm.net.au/info
What happens next
Once you have set up cdmNet on your desktop, this is what happens next:
- You will get an alert from cdmNet when cdmNet determines that your current patient should be considered for a GP Management Plan. This will happen when you open a patient file in your clinical desktop in which the patient history includes a recognisable chronic condition.
- If you wish to create a cdmNet care plan (GP Management Plan and/or Team Care Arrangement) for this patient, click ‘Initiate Care Plan’. This will upload relevant patient health data into cdmNet.
- Click ‘Go to Care Plan’, and follow the prompts and buttons to create a care plan (GP Management Plan) for this patient.
- Once the care plan has been created, prior to clicking ‘Approve GPMP’, edit the care plan by clicking the relevant links in the Planning section.
- You also need to add the care team members to the various tasks in the care plan. As you do this, these providers are remembered by cdmNet and used as Preferred Providers in subsequent plans (you can always change these).
It is usually best to carry out these tasks with a test patient first, as this will not only give you some practice with cdmNet but also set up some of your Preferred Providers.
To do this, proceed as above but tick the box ‘Is the patient a test patient?’ when the cdmNet Create Patient screen is displayed.
You may also find it useful to view the short training videos at cdm.net.au/help/training.
When you have time, don’t forget to set up the preferences for both the practice and yourself if you have not already done so. To see how to do this, go to cdm.net.au/help/guides/Quick GP Setup.pdf
 Alternatively, if you have the Primary Care Sidebar® installed and running, and a patient open in your desktop software, you can click the menu icon ( ) to the right of the cdmNet section in the Linked Care panel of the Sidebar.
 If you have not already registered with cdmNet, click the “Register” button on the “Settings” screen and follow the instructions. Or if you have forgotten your username and password, go to cdm.net.au and click “Problems logging in?”