Precedence Healthcare is working with AgeSmart, a new service initially available in Victoria, to help older people navigate their way through aged care services and maintain their independence. It provides them and their families/carers with often needed support.
Self-funded retirees in particular face difficulties with accessing support from the aged care system. Since mid-2015, extra fees have been required by the community care sector; and from early in 2017 a prioritisation system will apply to access Commonwealth subsidised aged care services.
AgeSmart can help coordinate the services and provision of any combination of non-medical support that a patient needs, including:
- Non health services : Powers of attorney, Wills, Accounting
- Advanced Care Plans, Aged Care Assessment services
- Daily living support: Post hospital care Home nursing, continence management, delivered meals Aids and appliances,
- Patient support: transport, carer respite, personal alarms, home maintenance
- Community-based health services, top-up community care
cdmNet users can direct patients to AgeSmart by including them in the patient’s care team. GPs can also refer patients for non-medical support as part of an annual Health Assessment for patients aged 75+. Using cdmNet, AgeSmart will keep GPs informed about their patients’ non-medical care services every step of the way.
The patient fee for a comprehensive Care Plan encompassing all these non-medical supports by AgeSmart is $950.
If you would like more information on the service visit agesmart.com.au or contact them using the details below.
Phone: 1800 739 363